Furnace Replacement in Chico, Durham, Paradise, CA and Surrounding Areas
You do not have to be a furnace expert to know that your furnace is in its final days. Even if you may not remember how old your furnace is, there are some ways to tell if it is time to replace it. Here are some obvious signs that you need to go for a furnace replacement.
- Increase in noise – While it is normal for your furnace to make some noise, if the noise seems to be getting louder, or if the sound of the noise seems to have changed, it is time to pay attention.
- Increase in energy bills – If you find that your energy bills are going up, this is an important sign that your furnace has outlived its best times.
- Frequent repairs – If you find that your furnace has had more breakdowns in the last couple of years than in its previous years, it is time to consider a replacement.
- Change in flame color – If the flame is yellow, it is a sign that carbon monoxide is leaking. Other signs that the gas is leaking include black soot marks on the walls or other surfaces, extra moisture on the windows and walls and rust on flue pipes and vent. Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas and it is important that you call a professional immediately if you find that your furnace is leaking. Leakage means it is time for a replacement.
- Warranty expiry – If your furnace has exceeded the warranty period, it will not run as efficiently and break down more frequently.
If you are facing any of the issues, it will never get any better. Now is the time to upgrade your machine and consider a furnace replacement.
Alternative Heating & Air is a trustworthy name in the north valley and offers superior HVAC services including furnace repair and ductwork.