How Often Should An AC Unit Be Replaced?
Although an AC unit has a potential lifespan of 15-20 years, outside conditions can influence how long it will stay operational. If you live in an area with a lot of pollen or other airborne irritants, your AC filter will need to be replaced more frequently. A clogged filter can cause your air conditioning unit to work harder and shorten its lifespan. It will also have a shorter lifespan if you don’t maintain your AC unit regularly. Neglecting maintenance can result in a drop in performance and efficiency, as well as increased wear and tear on the air conditioner unit itself.
For the best AC contractor in Chico, CA, always remember Alternative Heating and Air. We provide top-quality AC installation, repair, and maintenance services to keep your unit running smoothly for years to come. Give us a call today at (530) 894-8082.
Indicators Your Air Conditioner Needs To Be Replaced Immediately
Several key indicators indicate that your AC unit needs to be replaced rather than repaired. Here are a few signs that you may need a new AC unit:
- Frequent repairs: If you find yourself needing to repair your air conditioning unit more frequently, it may be time for a replacement. Frequent repairs are not only costly, but they’re also an indication that your AC unit should be running more efficiently. Call our experts at Alternative Heating & Air for air conditioning repair in Chico, CA.
- Rising energy bills: An increase in your energy bills is often one of the first signs that your air conditioning unit is beginning to lose efficiency. If you notice a sudden spike in your cooling costs, it’s time to have your AC unit inspected by one of our qualified professionals.
- Poor indoor air quality: If you find that your home is dusty or feels stuffy, even when the air conditioner is running, it could be a sign that your air conditioning unit is no longer filtering the air properly. Poor indoor air quality can cause respiratory problems, so it’s important to address this issue immediately.
- Inadequate cooling: If your air conditioning unit can no longer adequately cool your home, it’s time for a replacement. Older AC units may not be able to keep up with the demand of cooling a larger space, so if you’ve recently added on to your home, it may be time for an upgrade.
- Odor coming from the unit: A refrigerant leak can be the major cause of strange odors coming out of the air conditioning unit. Refrigerant is harmful to the environment, so it should be fixed immediately by one of our professionals. However, if the leak can’t be repaired, you’ll need to replace your AC unit.
If you’re unsure whether you need a new air conditioning unit or just a repair, the best course of action is to call Alternative Heating & Air. We will quickly and accurately determine the problem so we can recommend the most effective solution. Remember us for AC repair in Chico, CA, and surrounding areas.