Simple Maintenance Tips For Your HVAC System
If you live in an extremely hot or cold area, you know how important it is to have a working HVAC system. Alternative Heating & Air provides a wide range of services, including air conditioning repair, furnace repair, and duct cleaning. We also offer HVAC maintenance plans to keep your system running smoothly.
Unfortunately, heating and cooling systems can unexpectedly break down, leaving you and your family members feeling uncomfortable. To avoid this, it’s important to perform some simple maintenance tasks on your system, which are as follows:
- Check the refrigerant level: If your system is not cooling evenly, it could be low on refrigerant. When you are low, or out of refrigerant, your home will have difficulty cooling. It’s recommended to have one of our Alternative Heating & Air professionals check the refrigerant level and add more, if necessary. We can also provide AC repair in Chico, CA, and surrounding areas.
- Clean the coils on your condenser unit: Another maintenance task you should perform is cleaning the coils on your condenser unit. These coils can become dirty over time, which can reduce efficiency. It also puts extra strain on the system, which can lead to a premature breakdown. To clean the coils, use a soft brush to remove any dirt or debris on your condenser unit.
- Regular maintenance: While you can perform some maintenance tasks independently, scheduling a professional appointment for regular maintenance is always best. Routine maintenance will ensure that your system operates efficiently and that any potential problems are caught early. Our certified Alternative Heating & Air technicians highly recommend servicing your unit at least once a year.
- Change your air filter: Regularly changing the air filter is one of the most major maintenance tasks you can perform on your HVAC system. A dirty air filter can reduce airflow and make your system work harder than it needs to. It’s recommended to inspect your air filter every month and replace it if it’s dirty. It will help prolong the life of your system and keep it running efficiently.
- Insulate your home: Another way to reduce strain on your HVAC system is to ensure your home is properly insulated. It will help you maintain cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter. Check your insulation and seal any cracks or gaps to prevent cool or warm air from escaping.
By following these simple tips, you can help prolong the life of your HVAC system and keep it running efficiently. If you are in Chico, CA, and your HVAC system is experiencing any issues, contact Alternative Heating & Air for HVAC maintenance and service.
Searching For An HVAC Partner?
Alternative Heating & Air is always there to help when you have any issues with your heating and cooling unit. We have experienced professionals who can provide top-notch HVAC system maintenance in Chico, CA, and surrounding areas. They will diagnose the problem and make any necessary repairs if needed. Call us at (530) 894-8082 to schedule your heating and cooling services.